Recipe & Image from BojonGourmet.com
DESSERT BOARD IDEAS
Here are some recommended goodies to include for a mix of savory and sweet flavors on your dessert cheese board. I’ve linked to store-bought favorites as well as some chocolate board-appropriate recipes.
Try a mix of colors (white, milk, dark) and flavors.
- Truffles: store-bought or try making homemade truffles or homemade vegan truffles!
- Dragées, aka chocolate-covered candied nuts
- Chocolate nut butter cups (store-bought or try these raw chocolate pistachio butter cups!)
- Chocolate bars: try an interesting flavor, a single-origin bar, or stick with something classic
Go for something mild yet interesting. I recommend one soft and one semi-firm (or you know, all of the below!)
- Soft cheeses:
- Semi-firm cheeses:
CRACKERS AND/OR COOKIES
- Store-bought gluten-free favorites:
Something salty and crunchy to offset all that sweet, creamy chocolate.
- marcona almonds
- roasted salted pistachios
- candied pecans or walnuts
- salted mixed nuts
Work with what’s in season.
- sliced apples, pears, or asian pears
- oranges or tangerines
OTHER OPTIONAL GOODIES:
- honey or honeycomb, to drizzle over cheese
- nut butter or granola butter, to dip apples in
- jam, preserves, or chutney, to spread on crackers with cheese (I love this sugar-free strawberry rhubarb jam)
- chocolate spread, to do with what you will
HOW TO MAKE A DESSERT CHARCUTERIE BOARD
- Gather and prep your ingredients. Slice fruit (brush apple/pear slices with a little lemon juice to keep from oxidizing). Slice cheese. Break up chocolate bars.
- Arrange ingredients on a board or platter. Start with the largest components (small bowls, large cheeses). Fan out fruit and cheese slices, crackers, and cookies for visual appeal and easy grabbing. Fill in the gaps with smaller components: chocolates, nuts, dried fruit.
- Add accoutrements. Small knives or spoons for serving, small plates and napkins for you and your dessert buddies. Glasses for drinks.
- Pour beverages (some options below!)
- Enjoy devouring your delicious dessert cheese board!
CHOCOLATE AND WINE PAIRING + OTHER LIBATIONS
I just love dark chocolate with red wine. Jay and I enjoyed glasses of Imagery Cabernet Sauvignon with this chocolate board. It was perfectly pitched against bittersweet chocolate, aged cheeses, crispy crackers, and roasted pistachios.
Other drinks you might serve: